Find any innovation leader in an organization and chances are they have been practicing design thinking all along. However, leaders don’t need to be naturally talented or creatively gifted to foster business development; a systematic approach is needed to problem solve.
Design thinking starts with the ability to understand a customer’s needs and figuring out how to pilot a new idea with minimal risk. In the book, Designing for Growth: A Design Thinking Tool Kit for Managers, co-authors Jeanne Liedtka and Tim Ogilvie demystify design thinking by translating “design” from an abstract idea into a practical, everyday tool any manager can profit from.
Join us Thursday, November 29, at 12 pm PT, on Wise Talk as Mariposa Leadership, Inc. CEO Sue Bethanis talks with strategy consultant and educator Jeanne Liedtka on the ability to turn abstract ideas into practical applications to maximize business growth.
Topics for the interactive discussion will include:
• What is your interpretation of design thinking?
• You describe the design thinking process around four questions: What is? What if?
What wows? What works? Can you tell us a little about each one.
• How is design thinking beneficial to managers? How can a non-designer apply
design thinking to solve intractable problems?
• What advice could you offer a corporate leader or manager that might doubt their
own ability to innovate and foster growth inside their organization?
• What is one example of a simple tool that a practicing manager can use right away?
We welcome you to join this month’s Wise Talk teleconference and submit your questions for discussion. Sign up and be entered to win a copy of this month’s leadership resource, Designing for Growth: A Design Thinking Tool Kit for Managers. One lucky listener will be announced at the end of the talk!