Sometimes I coach leaders who are afraid they are at risk of being fired. They may have good evidence to support this. For example, they may have just been transferred to a different department or moved to a more junior position; or they may have gotten direct feedback from their boss, HR, or others that there is a problem with their performance. They may also just “Have a feeling.” If this sounds like you, here are a few tips:
- Find out what your most important stakeholders want you to do differently.
- Write down your goals for change.
- Do your very best to work on the areas your stakeholders care about.
- Look for other ways to shift perception.
- Stay positive and take care of yourself.
To read more on these tips, visit the Sierra Leadership blog.
About the Author: