The Business Model Innovation Factory: How to Stay Relevant When the World is Changing by Saul Kaplan
Head: (4.5 of 5)
Heart: (4.5 of 5)
Leadership Applicability: (5 of 5)
To stay relevant in today’s changing and uncertain times, businesses require new tools and approaches. In Saul Kaplan’s book The Business Model Innovation Factory: How to Stay Relevant When the World is Changing, he provides leaders with the necessary skills to create a pipeline of new business models in the face of disruptive markets and competition. It makes the case for business model innovation as the new strategic imperative, shows how organizations can reinvent themselves by doing ongoing R&D for new business models, and provides an implementation road map for all business model innovators who want to go from tweaks to transformation.
Kaplan explains 15 business model innovation principles to keep your business strategy ahead of the game, including:
- Realize that you are catalyzing something bigger than yourself
- Build purposeful and flexible networks
- Make systems-level thinking—and action—sexy
- Be creative and engaged in designing the core models that drive businesses, institutions, industries, and cultures
- Passion rules—exceed your own expectations and take risks with confidence
- Be an inspiration accelerator and inspire many toward the end game: transformation
Business model innovation means trying something different, developing a wholly new way to “create, deliver, and capture” value. The simplicity and accessibility of this book makes it a useful resource on how you can design your own business model, learn how to “be a disrupter instead of getting disrupted,” and remain afloat while innovating your value proposition. Click to buy or read more.
Author Saul Kaplan is our featured guest on this month’s Wise Talk where he and Mariposa’s CEO Sue Bethanis will discuss business model innovation. Join us on Monday, September 24th at 2pm Pacific for our free monthly teleconference and have an opportunity to ask Saul and Sue questions on how to capture, design, innovate, and transform your business!