Wai Poc, M.B.A., is the Principal of UnleashedLeaders and a Strategic Partner with Mariposa. Wai’s last in-house role was at Genentech for +10 years, including with Engineering, Research, Sales and Marketing, Product Development and BD. As an internal and external organizational consultant, Wai has been a trusted advisor before, during, and after reorganizations. Through strategy reviews and succession planning, Wai has partnered with VPs and their senior staff to assess, select, and develop leaders. For +7 years as an Executive Coach, Wai has focused on the latter. He loves helping his clients have greater impact by accelerating their leadership development. Born in Shanghai and raised in Miami, Wai celebrates his Chino-Latino heritage. Differences – in how people think, feel, and act – have long captivated his curiosity, resulting in a major in cultural anthropology at Stanford and travels to +60 countries. Differences – in what people do, prioritize, and focus – either get in the way of collaborative work or can be the source of innovation, smart strategy, and agile execution.
Wai’s clients are being challenged to risk smartly and grow fast, seeking his support on:
- Strategic influence: building alliances to get big strategic things done
- Power and politics: not to be swept by undercurrents, instead rising above the fray
- Leadership presence: accessing confidence when all the eyes and ears are on you
- Executive decision-making: amidst velocity, uncertainty, complexity, and ambiguity
- Sustainable success: changing habits of well-being with family and health intact